FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:15 pm
bfwolf

Has anybody had issues with getting approval on their Barclaycard Arrival+ for a full $2,500 in 1 day?

My Arrival+ is new, I've only had it a couple of weeks. I just got my RedCard and went to Target yesterday and loaded $1,000 from the Arrival+ with no problem. Then I tried another $1,000 and was denied. So I tried my Chase Sapphire Preferred and was also denied. Turns out both the Arrival+ and CSP got locked due to suspect activity. I was able to get my CSP unlocked by just clicking a couple links on the fraud email they sent me, and then loaded $1000 and then $500 from the CSP to get to my $2,500 daily limit. When I got home, I called Barclays and got my Arrival+ unlocked too.

So today I go back to Target and load $1,000 from my Arrival+ no problem. But then I tried another $1,000 and was denied. So I loaded the other $1,500 from my CSP. I got home and logged on to my Arrival+ account expecting to see it locked, but that was not the case. So then why the denial when I tried the second $1,000 load? I'm not near my credit limit on it.

I would prefer to load from my Arrival+ vs my CSP so hoping I can figure out a solution here.