FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:33 pm
rgAAFT

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Citi is a f'ing pain in the behind to load up on a RB, fraud alerts left and right. After the third time, I called them and told them if they do it again, I'm going to close their card.

Another annoying thing with Citi is I always get a young asian girl, it's like I'm calling into Bangkok or something. They don't seem to get it so I hung up a few times and redialed and each time got a young asian girl.
Call center is likely in the Philippines.
Anyway, are you new with Citi, or new to MS with Citi?
I've said this before, but Citi is VERY pattern based

2 years ago, when I first started MSing on my card , I too would get fraud alerts on every other transaction (ap) after some time though,after cleaning a few fraud alerts, I saw them less and less .
Eventually, I stopped having that problem. Moreover, thanks to me sticking with them , I now exclusively get US based customer service and can push almost ANYTHING through my card will almost zero fraud alerts (and if I do get them, I can now just clear them via text) Trust me, give it time, stick with them, read flyertalk and you will have a rewarding experience with Citi (in more ways than one) better than Chase for sure, don't even get me started on them, and how outsourced and unhelpful their back end customer service is, and their frontline on CSP isn't much better, even though it's US based