FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contacting American Airlines Customer Relations & Complaint, Issues (master thread)
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:06 pm
Carl

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Unhappy Bad, no good service

In my experience, even 1,500 characters is too long for the "new" American to handle. I recently wrote them about an LAX-CLT flight which inexplicably served neither beverages nor food in F. I would've been irritated if I'd simply been upgraded, but this was an award flight for which I'd used miles specifically to be in F. Also, the FAs made so much noise cackling and telling jokes in the galley that we couldn't sleep. AA replied to this with an apology for the FA behavior and had no response about my main concerns. They send from an email address which does not accept replies, so you have to go fill out a form all over again. I did, and they said that since I'd already traveled, they were unable to credit me the difference between the mileage redemption in F and Y (which was my request since I effectively had a coach experience in F). So, next time I'll be sure to use psychic abilities to determine how the service will be in advance so I can request a credit before travel begins. Groan.

Your profile indicates you are Platinum. If so, you may wish to email [email protected] with concerns. However, I believe these inquiries are still answered by the team in Winston-Salem, and there seem to be many folks there who...aren't exactly as friendly or generous as regular customer relations.