FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:58 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Where's the onus on the user though too?

I agree these places should be pretty spotless. But I hate seeing bathrooms like this, why leave your paper towel on top when you could push it down a little bit? Why leave your can in there? Odds are in a public bathroom I'm not gonna push down the small garbage bin with my foot, but I do it here at work, so maybe I should.

Point being, if people are a little more respectful it goes a long way in at least making things APPEAR clean, then they don't need to be cleaned as often and don't look so bad.

It's the same on board. Having worked in the airline industry I can't understand how people disrespect the aircrafts so badly. Would you step on a bag of chips and mash them into your carpet at home? No, so why do that anywhere else? The flight attendants come around to collect garbage multiple times, why do you leave the aircraft with a seatback full of crap? I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, my apartment is a good example of that, but when I leave an aircraft, the only way you can usual tell someone was in my seat, is because the seatbelt isn't folded over.
I generally agree, but the problem here seems to be that the garbage bins are full. I will put garbage in my pocket until I can find a place to get rid of it, but I'm not doing that with a wet paper towel in a bathroom