FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:40 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DrGiggles
This matches my experience. They have proven poor at getting high demand reservations, tickets, etc. but they were able to find where i could purchase a pair of earrings worn in a music video and a pair of slippers seen in a foreign variety tv show. I wonder whether driven by the specific person who handles the request and how self-motivated they are.
Re: event tickets - They often can't do any better than what I get on StubHub, but the one niche I've found they are very good at is grabbing face-value tickets from Ticketmaster or the vendor right when they go onsale.

I've used them three or four times when a presale for a high-demand event started at 10am on a Wednesday or something. Not exactly the best time for me to step out of a work meeting and hit refresh on the TM website over and over. But I can email the concierge a couple days ahead of time and they have a 100% success rate in getting the tickets I want, albeit in my admittedly small sample.

Side bonus: When Amex buys your Ticketmaster tickets, there's no online processing fee.