FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Airport Rail Link (ARL): Updates, Advice, Discussion
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:38 pm
Yappofloyd

Originally Posted by transpac
My confusion re: cessation of direct, non-stop Express SARL service, may stem in part to the fact that it may have been stopped in two stages.

There was direct, non-stop express service between Makkasan and SBIA/BKK, AND direct, non-stop express service between Phaya Thai and SBIA/BKK. So two separate and distinct service schedules.

Track reconfiguration west of Makkasan would address this anomaly and allow for a single service with stops at Makkasan, not sure if that was ever done.

So I think these services stopped at two different times as the rolling stock became impaired. Maybe Makkasan Express service stopped in April, 2014 and Phaya Thai in September, 2014? I assume a read-through of this thread would reveal the details.

I guess they are refurbishing the Express sets as well, but no idea if the Express service will ever be re-started? My guess would be no, and that they'll use Express sets for City Line service, but one never knows with the SRT>
Yes that is correct. The Phaya Thai Express stopped running in April and the Makkasan Express was ceased in mid September.

The Express services will restart, most likely from 1 April as scheduled.

The connection of the Express and Cityline tracks on the west side of Makkasan CAT has still not started. The tender did go out mid last year but......