FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:59 pm
phdtomd

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I had a great time Jan 9th to Jan 12th. I stayed on the Ziva side with my wife and kid. To be honest, even if we didn't bring our kid, I would still choose ziva. Ziva is where 80% of the restaurants are and all the entertainment. The food is good, not as spectacular as others have posted. I went to couples Negril 8 years ago, now they had spectacular food and it was couples only not just adults only. Anyway the thing that stood out to me most were that the beach is non functional but way better than zilara side and the pools are ice cold. We swam anyway because of our 6 year old but it was a process for me. The good, I have never had more attentive service. The waitresses were swarming. It may have been that the hotel was less than half full but still it was pretty great. I also liked that they called the morning before to set up airport transportation. loved the hotel personally, but I only paid 176/night. Little things would bug me more had I paid the 600 or more per night they were asking. I used points for my wife and I and we paid cash for the kid. TLDR, Hotel was great and relaxing, but totally not worth $600 - $1,200 a night with So So food and no beach