FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:49 pm
hyattnjfan

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Originally Posted by NE flier
My wife and I waited too long to pull the trigger and change to cancun zilara. (The airfare is now $300 more per person and we have to add an extra $75-100 for transfers which is too much extra for a three day getaway.)

So we are going to make the best of things. We've been in touch with the property and have requested a room in building 4 to try to assure ourselves of a quiet, peaceful rooms without children nearby. Nothing was promised but they said they would try, which is something. We are also hopeful that this will get us a bed that won't aggravate my back and a functioning a/c unit.

Some questions for those who stayed on the zilara side:

(1) was management, including Mr. Hendrickson, the gm, accessible to address concerns? What is the best way to contact him? Was he on property on the weekend?

(2) does anyone have any tips/tricks/suggestions on how to get a room if check in is delayed, as it sometimes seems to be?

(3) same as (2) on getting a new room after check in, if initial room is unacceptable?

(4) I'm very bad at using twitter but would it help to contact hyatt's twitter team if things don't go well while we are on property?

(5) is it worth it to ask for a paid upgrade to bldg 4? Has anyone done this? Any idea how much it would cost and whether it would be granted/guaranteed in advance?

(6) is there anyone higher up at playa we can contact to try to get a better experience?

(7) any other tips to have concerns addressed quickly on property--other than pray?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions you can offer and if anyone would rather not share on the open board, I promise to keep any info shared via pm confidential. I am hoping for the best and will post my experience when I return...
It seems like you've done all you can. The property will accommodate you if they have availability. If they don't, I'm not sure what you want them to do. You can complain but all you will get are apologies. Having said that, go into it like you would any other vacation and don't let the details that may or may not happen derail a wonderful time.