FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:33 am
JetSet05

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
recent stay

Recently stayed at this hotel over new years on reward, this was my second stay there. I was also getting married on the island during this trip.

Checked in online and was given a room in the lagoon/makai tower. Upon check in, I found I was downgraded to an ocean room, very bummed about that. Was told I was moved because of a late check out. This is odd because I arrived at 7pm. Was told that no other room was available, despite there being online avilability.

No Resort Fee. Did valet, but always had 15-20 miute waits for our car.

New years eve party was actually a big let down. Paid a lot of money, only to find out they let all guests in after dinner. Had I kown this, we would have eaten somewhere else (I actually called about this prior to booking, and they said only people who can enter are those who paid). Lots of kids at the new year party.

Bad storm came though and flooded the coffee shop in the ocean tower, so we had to trek it all the way to the other side of the resort. Other than the pools being really dirty from the storm, no ther damage.

Ironically, upon check-out, I requested the late check out. Was told No, because my room was booked for that night, and I had to be out by noon.