FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:10 am
rossrr

I will speak from experience that having payments post to this card is a major PITA. They gave me a measly $2k limit. (This is my first CC with WF and I have plenty of credit at other banks, so I don't know what the deal is with the low limit.) It takes almost 3-5 business days for credit to be available after the payments have been made. I have a WF checking account, but no WF branches within a relatively close drive. I pay from a BoA checking account usually. I even tried doing BP at Wally world... the funds posted two days ago on the account and the balance reflects the payments; however, the available credit is still $0.

This is the ONLY CC in my porftfolio that will decline a purchase with "over limit" error message. I have gone over my available limit with many cards, but this one does not allow it.

Originally Posted by weezl
I'm about to apply for this card, with an established but expendable WF relationship. I am curious as to why WM MOs are not an option.

Of course $2K/day x 25 d/month in VGCs ($50K spend with a cost of $595 in VGC fees, and 35.70 in MO fees, with net profit of $1869.30) will force you to liquidate >$10K/mo in MOs at your bank(s) and send red flags out. But apart from that, and the headache of visiting grocery stores and WM every day, what is the limitation of using WM for MOs?