FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK "Registered Traveler Service" Does anyone know if United is supplying any codes?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:00 am
XCstud

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by gengar
I e-mailed MP asking for one - as I mentioned in the post StingWest linked, UA not only took a week to reply, but went out of their way to tell me that they had codes but weren't going to give me one. (Given my poor rate of response on UA - I had two issues to 1K Voice involving paid int'l F flights go completely unanswered - perhaps UA feels I should be grateful I got a reply at all.)

In the BA thread, FT'ers mentioned stacks of invites being available at immigration and at BA lounges, so perhaps the same is true at the UA terminal and lounges. You could also ask someone you know passing through LHR to pick one up for you. I will be going through LHR at the end of January and will pick up a bunch to distribute to FT'ers. (You would think UA would just have an employee get a bunch of these.)

Additionally, if you are BA Gold, call the UK Gold line (don't call the USA one - they won't know what you're talking about). BA ran out of codes for a short period of time but were giving codes out again as of 2 weeks ago.
Interesting. I'm going to email 1K voice and see what kind of response I get. I have a GS co-worker that got an invite and code from the GFL at LHR.

I'm flying F on BA in a week and a half and I'll be in the CCR and see if I can get one there. Using fast track when I fly UA and BA into LHR is fine, but I'm going to be having a lot of flights on BA out of LGW and they have no fast track there which is where the trusted traveler would really be beneficial.