FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2015 : *now 20% off*; Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:09 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Since my experiences match the vast majority of people (in this forum at least), your experiences appear to be the anomolies.

What do they state as the basis for denial?
Seems to be

Here is their initial denial response:

"I have reviewed the rates for the Sheraton XXXX, for the dates of your claim on our website and found a rate of XXX.00 USD plus tax, per night; which is the same as the rate I found on Getaroom.com. Since the rate is the same on our website, I am unable to approve your claim.

Mr. XXXX, I would like to take this opportunity to mention the Best Rate Guarantee Department only validates the rates offered on both the competing website and our own website at the time of processing. We do not have the ability to verify a rate that was available prior to this time."

So basically they are saying that they checked at the time of processing and didn't find a lower rate but understand that I may have seen a lower rate at time of submission.

Of course I re-checked after I was denied, since I realize that due to the 24-36 hr processing times Getaroom.com could've raised rates. But I found they did not - and the exact same rate was available at submission. So I resubmitted my claim and it was approved although I'm still awaiting them to modify my ressie so it's not finalized yet.

Not sure why I'm an anomaly, just sounds like bad luck on my part. At 20% I intend to use BRG more aggressively so we'll see if my luck continues or if perhaps it gets easier from here out.