FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:38 pm
Global guy

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Definitely hasn't always been like that. I flew through ZRH twice on a trip to Europe last year using points (admittedly prior to the MPM change) and, though the agent originally wavered on it, he booked it. The reason he wavered was about "doubling back" but, since it was within MPM (in the days when we could figure that out on our own), he put it through.

The only restriction for sure that I know of is not having a stopover twice in the same city.

If you've got the time, might be worth: a) calling again to get a different agent's response; b) insist to talk to a supervisor.
Thank you for the response Marlin. I did call back and tried my original request for a stop in IST and destination CHC with another stop in HKG and was told the MPM for this trip would be 14735 but the system would not approve my stopover cities either way. The agent said what could work for stopover on a CHC destination would be ICN or SYD.
She did say that making SYD our destination would open up IST and HKG as allowed city pairs.
So that is what we did.
Final ITN is
YOW-YUL-IST Stop IST-ICN-SYD Destination SYD- BKK- HKG stop HKG-ICN-ORD-YOW