FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express AX Centurion Lounge at SFO & IAH (IAH Opened Jun 24, 2016 @ Term D)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:46 pm
robbgrn

Programs: United Silver, 0.9MM
Originally Posted by SFHokie
  • Better atmosphere, seating arrangements
  • Shower facilities
  • Hot and cold food items prepared fresh
  • Much larger selection of complimentary wines, alcohol, coffee, teas
  • Waitstaff that walk around with small round trays instead of ugly grey plastic carts
  • The "feel" of more attention instead of "just another passenger" from anyone you encounter
  • Cloth napkins and actual plates & silverware for the food
Seating arrangements, fine I can get that
Shower facilities, who cares. Honestly who takes a shower at a airport?
Hot and cold food items. Meh. If I'm hungry I'd rather go to a real restaurant to waste my time, not eating tiny apps
Complimentary wine/alcohol, fine I get that I guess
Waitstaff walking around, who cares
Cloth napkins, lol who cares

I don't really understand people's obsession with and critique of airport lounges.

I never pay for access, just not worth it for me. Do I go into them for free? Sure why not, but to me its not a big deal at all. Honestly the biggest difference is just it being a bit quieter and somewhat more comfortable seats.

People willing to pay $350 or whatever the Club Card costs boggles my mind. I think part of it has to do with their delusion that they are part of some exclusive club when in fact there are ways to cheat the system and get into almost any UC for free. And even for those who don't know how to do that, you can get a one time pass off ebay for like $15 if you want to see how the "exclusive" people waste their time at airports.