FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express AX Centurion Lounge at SFO & IAH (IAH Opened Jun 24, 2016 @ Term D)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:18 pm
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mre5765
And how long will the UCs be full when AMEX continues to build lounges in UA concourses. People aren't stupid, especially the type of people who fly frequently enough to justiify an airline club membership. I won't be renewing my UC membership.
People aren't stupid? That is a debatable point since they are continuing to fly United.

If they aren't choosier about the airline they fly, why would you expect them to be choosier about the lounge they pay to visit?

The only reason I can see to pay for UC access is access to the agents in the lounge if there is flight problem that day, but I just call United on the phone anyway when that happens.

I had free UC access the past decade due to my Gold status with LH and only used the agents once, and they didn't know what they were doing. Another agent had to take over to finish the task (and it wasn't that complicated).

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Admirals Clubs are still doing a booming business at DFW and LGA where there are Centurion Clubs so little likelihood of that happening if new ones are co-located in UA terminal areas.
The only Centurion Lounge I have visited was the one in DFW. I was underwhelmed, to put it mildly. I didn't find it any better than the AA lounge in the same terminal.