FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing: Grand or Park?
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:55 am
nethead25

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just booked a trip to Thailand in November with a three-night stopover in Beijing (we would have two full days in Beijing). Mostly a sightseeing excursion in Beijing, probably a day for the central sights and a day for the Great Wall.

Curious what recent feedback on these two hotels is like... I love the Park Hyatt experience (we just got back from Tokyo), but I've heard the service at PH Beijing is a bit hit-and-miss.

The Grand Hyatt location seems ideal for a short stay, but I suppose a five-stop subway ride to Tiananmen shouldn't be a deal-breaker either. And of course the GH lounge is persuasive (we will be in town for three happy hours, but only two breakfasts).

I will shoot for C&P with DSU for either one.

So.. for the veterans out there:
- There's a lot of buzz about the cool stuff accessible near the PH, but is a 48-hour first-time tourist schedule going to give us time to take advantage of it?
- Considering we are going to spend minimal time in the hotel, it seems like the GH makes the most sense... unless the PH service, rooms, and breakfast are really that much better?