FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:57 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
In VIE, there is absolutely no issue accessing the JET Lounge for those flying on AF metal, which departs from Terminal 1 (C-gates). Used it twice in the past week.

In PRG, the lounge is nowadays called Erste Premier Lounge

In WAW, the lounge is called Ballada Executive Lounge
Thank you for all those precisions . For VIE, I think we have now a clear picture. Elite+ pax flying Y can only access a lounge with an AF-coded ticket when flying on Y metal but not OS metal.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Also, the code for Kiev airport is KBP, KBV is the ever-so-desirable Krabi in Thailand so I don't blame you for the confusion!!
oups...lapsus révélateur

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, definitely those, if I remember codeshare partners correctly, I would also include at least NBO (new KQ lounge), SEZ (Air Seychelles lounge), BEG, RIX, TLL, GYD, LCA, TBS (airport lounge, I think Primaclass), LUX, RAK (airport lounge), and maybe generic notes for DL and West Jet codeshares (they can effectively use any of those airlines lounges but only if on a same day connection to an international flight).
Originally Posted by brunos
I would be reluctant to include destinations where AF only codeshares but does not use its own metal.
The situation for lounge access by FB elite+ flying Y can vary according to the codeshare partner and a reader could be confused believing to have access to that lounge while he does not. Or the wiki should be more detailed for those destinations and give some indications of lounge access, although these could change over time.
I think it is of interest to list some but, Brunos, you are right saying that the rules can be different for Y Elite+ pax depending on the partner. So may I suggest we include those destinations only when somebody knows clearly the rule and we can indicate it on the wiki ? But for routes operated by Skyteam partners (like AGP/VLC by UX), there is no issue here, so I suggest to keep them without specific note for rules access.
I have added some notes for VIE and HEL and also AGP/VLC.

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Name of the lounge
SUMAQ
Thank you Nicolas75. You have set the bar very high for future lounge reviews