FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you Jouy31 for creating the Wiki

Originally Posted by B7e7US
SDQ: Sala VIP Caribe (Contract Lounge). Passengers are issued a lounge invitation during check-in.
PUJ: VIP Lounge Punta Cana
Thank you. Wiki edited

Originally Posted by B7e7US
MEX and CUN should be under North America and not Central/South America.
Well, depending on people and official organisms, Mexico is sometimes linked to N.A or to central A. U.N. includes it in Central A., so I let it there.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Excellent initiative and should indeed be a masterthread. ^ Could I possible suggest creating one post for each lounge [which could progressively be given info such as entry conditions - e.g. some of them are only for J/P and not for ST E+/FB G/P etc, whether there are wifi, showers, any special "tips" (as in NCE where there is Champagne but it needs to be requested), etc]. The first post could keep the list of all lounges and have links to the individual lounge posts?
Thank you Orbitmic
Definitely the best way to proceed, as we are doing in the Fast lane master thread.

NCE: of the four airport lounges, AF actually uses two - Cap Ferrat (as you mention) for Schengen flights, but also Cap d'Antibes after passport control for non-Schengen flights (TLV, TUN if it is reinstated, AF codeshares to JFK, SVO, etc).
Added.

BOD: similarly, the Patio lounge is only for Paris flights, there is another airport lounge for all non-Paris flights. (note: AF keeps changing between allowing pax in or giving them a voucher for non-Paris flights so not sure what the current system is)
I added a note about this as I was not able to find any information on BOD web site and AF and Skyteam sites list only Le Patio lounge.

CDG: is there still a TGV lounge access for Strasbourg trains?
Good remark. Normally yes. I added the info.

Belgium: there is also a BRU lounge (A5 still has flights to LYS, and NTE-BOD I believe) although I'm not sure if they still subscribe to the lounge or not.
No idea and could not find any info. Paging some BRU insiders

DUB: lounge is no longer called Ana Livia (hasn't for a couple of years) but "DAA Airport Lounge"
Corrected

LAX: I don't think there is a QF lounge but just the OW lounge (although it is fortunately QF in every possible way but name!). Would be good to know if it is to the standard OW lounge or the new OW F lounge?
I checked OW site and it seems that there is a specific QF lounge for P pax and this lounge is used for AF P pax, so I let "QF lounge".

TLV: I believe the lounge is the Dan lounge (not sure if there is a JetSet lounge, I have never seen it)
The JetSet info was coming from an AF doc but it is probably outdated. Sky team site lists also Dan, so I edited for Dan lounge.

PVG: Can't AF pax use the MU lounges too? - I may well be wrong on that!
Technically they can, but there is a specific (very bad) lounge for AF pax. My "philosophy" here was not to list all Skyteam lounges one could access but only the "AF ones". But feel free to disagree as this is not my thread but our thread !

Also a small pedantic remark - should the list include only airports for which AF flies with its own metal (in which case I don't know why HEL or ZYR are included?) or also flights where AF coded flights only operate as codeshares (in which case many are of course missing)?
I wanted first to list only the destinations flown by AF metal, but decided to add a few destinations where there is no AF metal but where AF cooperates very closely with the operating airline. Which one do you see missing ? Maybe AUH (with EY) and JED (with SV) ? Again, feel free to proceed differently.

Originally Posted by Carel1
HEL Last July no problem to enter the lounge. The full name is: Aspire Lounge (Servisair).
CPH In July and December I was directed to the Apartment Lounge. The Novia Lounge is renamed Aviator Lounge.
Edited for both. Thank you

Originally Posted by Carel1
MAD T3 Puerta del Sol Lounge. No champagne, but on request you can have a small bottle of Cava.
Unless I'm wrong, Puerta del sol in T3 is not used for AF pax but for UX flights departing from T3. AF flights depart from T1 and so are directed to Cibeles lounge.

Originally Posted by brunos
At KIX, the Sakura lounge is not an airport lounge, it is the JL lounge. Same as in HND. Many other airlines use this lounge, but it is a JL lounge (Sakura is the generic name of all JL business class lounges).
Thanks Brunos. Edited. I didn't know it was the generic name for JAL lounges. For HND, I already put JL (I was in this lounge just a few days ago). For KIX, I haven't been there since 2003. It was the JL lounge at that time but I thought it changed when I saw this "Sakura" name.