FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:01 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Talking Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

I have thought long and hard about this – well all of two minutes which is more than CIHY manage for anything and longer than HIDDY’s memory span. I would add that some of our newer pals here may feel a bit left out – and I do not want to do that. I have rather felt that there is a bit of Oldies and Newcomers (God I hate that stupid word “Newbie” – it rhymes with Booby and I refuse to use it) and I think that’s a bit clique-like and I don’t want to do that. I don’t read all the threads. I should say that I did not start this. Most of those who did are long gone, and much missed I might add. I was informed one day that there should be this Mucci of Pucci award and some has the effrontery to award themselves! I might add that they also created Glam Goddesses and told me that I was one whether I liked it or not.

It was a different time but it was all such fun.

So the ONLY people to be awarded today are SanDiego1k (herself a Glam Goddess) – BA Forum is indebted to her own sense of fun (who else would fight the corner allowing a Teddy Bear (Dyogenes) to post here, and to BA Executive Club. No Forum could have a better friend. Her patience and willingness to help beggars belief.

I am without words for the Mod Team here as no other Forum would tolerate this nonsense. So all four of them are included. I also include someone few of you know (except a very few) and who I am not even going to name but he knows that without him I would not be here in the first place and who helps me with posting and technical issues that are quite beyond my boredom threshold.

To the Seven I am creating with immediate effect the Knights of the Flying Hairbrush.

I have several other candidates who may join that number but I am now wanting to know if there is anyone who you think deserves a Mucci? Some people provide priceless information and help here and I may not notice as I am more into chatty (as opposed to catty) rather than matters with lots for fare and booking classes. That is due to nothing more than the fact that I do have a home, and a husband to run apart from anything else! I always start each year thinking that it will be my last but who can tell? What I will do is try to do a few more TFTGs but sometimes the ones I’d love to tell you are either far too risqué or are “politically incorrect”. I’ve got one on the go - it’s just typing the wretched thing!

So does anyone deserve a Mucci – let me know. Here please – I have a house full and I’m somewhat challenged for time. This has nothing to do with British Airways – but trust me – I’m on their case big time. So – there will be a New Years Honours List – but not quite yet!