FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eligible velocity sectors
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:03 pm
DomesticGoddess

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Jorgen
You want to credit an NZ-operated flight to VA but gain lounge access with NZ, right?

No problem. Just book it with a VA flight number and attach your Velocity number to the booking. Then simply show your NZ card at the NZ lounge and they'll let you in.
Similar story to the OP: I'm keen to get Velocity Gold or Platinum with the flights I have over the next six months (I've requalified as NZ Elite and banked a year, so there's not much more to be gained by crediting flights to NZ Airpoints).

I'm due to be in Australia a bit over the next few months so I thought I'd take the opportunity to grab some of the 4/8 Virgin (marketed) flights I need to secure Gold/Platinum status.

The post I've quoted suggests it's no problem to credit NZ operated flights to Velocity and show a NZ Gold/Elite card to the NZ lounge operators to get access. However, what's the view on whether or not this would work for getting access to domestic VA lounges? Presumably VA lounge staff would be less familiar with NZ's programme/cards?

To be clear:
VA operated flight
Booked through VA
Crediting flight to VA (entering Velocity number at time of booking)
Seeking access to VA domestic lounge with NZ Elite card

Thanks!