FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:17 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
For those of you not receiving emails from Hilton/Hhonors, I can say that contacting Erin as noted above (and also confirmed by donnak) will bring a satisfactory resolution. Erin found the cause of the problem with my emails and resolved it about three weeks ago, and I am pleased to say that emails from Hilton started flowing about a week ago. Thanks to Erin - it is well worth your time to PM her, as she can actually make miracles happen!
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Sorry - thought you had confirmation that your problem was resolved. Hopefully you start receiving messages soon. It took a couple of weeks for my first ones to trickle in.

Yes. In short, at some point in time I (or someone at Hhonors) had selected "unsubscribe from all emails." Apparently this overrides all other settings, and is never reset when it is unchecked, or when individual e-mail subscriptions are checked. Even changing the e-mail address on the Hhonors account will not fix it.

I do not know what Erin did to fix it, but I have received three emails from Hhonors since 21 Dec. I have had none from any of the other Hilton subscription lists, though, so I am not sure it is fully working.
Wonder if Erin can comment? I'm sure she would prefer we self fix vs flooding her inbox.