FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would a "helpful" post button add value to our forum?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:37 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The counters were in the profiles -- it couldn't be a clearer sign that this was designed to be an FT member popularity rating/reputation feature. What's your popularity score? Were you, according to your score, the popular boy/girl in school or not? I bet it was undefined at that point.

The "Like" being renamed "Helpful" is still a "Like" by another name to do the same thing. It's like BA renaming the fuel surcharge into carrier surcharge.

Also, keep in mind that not everyone's idea of "helpful" is the same.
Agree (bolded bit) and for that reason the helpful button would be useful as another way of filtering information on a topic I don't know about. We each use different means of evaluating any information we see here.

As to whether I was popular in school...no. end of. My parents had to tie pork chops to me just to get the dogs to play with me. I survived....

Plenty of times I have wanted to say +1 or thanks but after a few people say it then I can't be arsed as it just clogs up the thread. A helpful button would allow that. (I'm personally not for any tally of how helpful a poster is though...just that post in that thread.)