FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I just ignorantly blissful? I'm happy with UA.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:02 am
787fan
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Glad you finally saw the light!

A few notes or clarifications:
- Hope you appreciated the "free" sticker UG...we all know that's not likely to happen on UA on a TCON...they even happen on the A321B
- Always, always buy Gogo ahead of time...all-day flat $16 rate. Very fair IMO.
- Agreed on service, it's not like you're getting CX/SQ
- New 738s are all getting seatback AVOD in F/Y (along with power)...I've been on a few, they're quite excellent planes
- Food...yes, unfortunately, with the post-9/1 cuts, AA is no longer heads and shoulders above UA quality-wise (just a big higher). Still nice to pre-order online, and of course flying RJs there's no comparison.

Fly AA as an EXP for the year and you'll appreciate the difference (much like FlyWorld, not a huge difference if flying in Y as a non-elite, or in your case, a single flight)...you are actually treated as the top customer on the airline. And this NYC-based mostly-business-traveler thinks AA/OW is just fantastic ^
I didn't pay for the gogo. I was so tired that I napped through most of the flight, so it would've been $16 down the drain too.

I had one of the older 738s that had drop down TVs but not seat-back ones.

My most frequented route is flown 2x daily by AA but 4-7x by UA (depending on season). That's a tough pill to swallow.

Originally Posted by RealFan
I find the GS program to be better than the CK program at AA.
This is quite true. GS has a lot of real concrete benefits like Benz transfers and converting regular upgrade/revenue buckets to saver awards.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:39 am Reason: Merge