FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I just ignorantly blissful? I'm happy with UA.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:29 am
787fan
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
after all those praises I read on FT, i decided to try EXP match just for the fun of it

last friday I got a free sticker upgrade to AA domestic F cabin on a 5-hour non-premium transcon on a 738. the plane has that overpriced gogo WiFi, streaming entertainment but no movies are free, no in-seat live TV, better recline than UA F, roughly same level of service, and food quality only a small notch above UA (i'd rate AA as a B+ and UA as a B in food, but nothing totally drastic like what's portrayed here).

it was a decently pleasant experience (overall grading B+), but nothing like the "AA is infinitely better than UA in XYZ" that so many people love to proclaim. by the time I factor in their route network, the limited number of partners, potential challenges once they're combined in SOC, and the inflexible award routing rules, i've decided not to jump ship. I have yet to try DL F, but their list of partners is so fatally flawed that migration to SkyTeam is not remotely an option.

UA, despite its flaws in certain aspects, serves a Manhattan-based international traveler the best.

Last edited by 787fan; Dec 22, 2014 at 8:36 am