FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I just ignorantly blissful? I'm happy with UA.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:27 am
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I was able to live with a lot of the thousand cuts that UA offered, even though many of them injured my love for UA. But loosing all my upgrade chances and having no more red meat on my intl. routes made it virtually impossible for me to use them reasonably.

Also the advent of real Premium Economy classes in Asian and European carriers, rendered UA a much less attractive alternative to me. I can now avoid the ugly upgrade rodeo everytime I flew UA.
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
..Why must every post that speaks positively of UA, and responses that agree to said positive post, answer to an inquisition from those that disagree?
Because with the cult of UA and the apologetics of UA, there must also come the inquisition of UA.

That's just fair .
Originally Posted by zrs70
Funny. I notice the opposite (at least on FT). It's newer posters that seem to complain more while long time posters (and long time flyers) seem to take it more in stride.
Many like me - 1K of 16 years and 2.8MM - have left UA because of the unbearable changes and are now posting less on the UA forum.

That portraits UA in a disproportionate positive light.

And new posters who are upset, come here to tell their experience that's also not all that surprising.