FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:34 am
BigJC

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
I'm at the Mag Mile FS Marriott this weekend with the family.. Very mixed so far.

We are in an older room, whole top level is being renovated apparently.
Lovely bar area, great views from the 37th floor which we are on.. Killer location! And we got a great rate..

The room we are in is VERY tired.. Utter lack of power outlets .. TV needed fixing by hotel staff to get more than 10 channels and shower is next to cold (very unpleasant).

Flew into Chicago after staying at the Marriott Union Square in SanFran and the contrast is huge..

Oh and, as has been reported: No CL on the weekend and NO comped breakfast.. 1000 points instead.. When there are three of us staying the value of the breakfast was very large. Got to say this property is not up to the standards I expect from a FS property.
Interesting. We had a similar experience staying there last weekend. Checked in to a well-worn room on the 37th floor w/awesome view of Michigan Ave. We went down and had an awesome dinner at Heaven on Seven and returned about two hours later. Tried to run a bath for the granddaughter and no hot water. About that time a letter was slid under the door stating problems with the hot water and to call the Front Desk as a new room was ready for us. Strange thing is we bumped into our next door neighbor in the hall and they reported no problems with their hot water. Packed all our stuff back up and went downstairs and waited nearly a half-hour for the Front Desk to find the room that was "ready" for us. Was told that a room with hot water was our comp for the ordeal (I'm MR Gold). Received a room on the 21st floor on the backside of the hotel. To add insult, we were on a Holiday rate that included a $25 credit for incidentals that wasn't on our receipt at checkout - which I was told would be fixed when they emailed my updated receipt - it wasn't. As a matter of fact, our $26 tab from the Lobby Bar that night posted on a separate CC charge. Still waiting for the 1,000 points for no EL or breakfast to post (room points posted on Wednesday). Would recommend avoiding this property - too many other MR properties in the vicinity to take a chance on this place again.