FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Indianapolis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:17 am
cohighcountry1k

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Just had a fantastic one night stay here.

I think the door staff at a hotel really can set the stage. The guys working the door are super friendly, helpful, grabbed my luggage, asked for my name, and introduced me to the front desk staff.

Check in was quick, friendly and efficient. And I always like when they say "Mr. Cohighcountry1k, thank you for your loyalty. We have, of course, upgraded you to a very nice suite."

Let me step back. The entrance is quite small, with the restaurant and bar on the right as you enter the hall and a lounge room on the left. The front desk is straight back. The furniture has a very mid century mod feel in the public spaces and rooms.

The elevators are tucked to the right of the front desk.

The suite (1105) was two rooms and the rooms were set out long ways across the front of the hotel. There was a high top desk straight ahead when entering, a large sectional to the left of that. A very large LCD TV was mounted on the wall. Walking between the sofa and the TV leads to the bedroom. It was spacious with another large TV, an armoire on the far wall, a nice king bed. As this is an older building, the windows are small.

The bathroom was well appointed, with a TV in the mirror (LOVE THIS!), a nice shower with a shower tower that had an overhead rain-ish shower, body sprays, and a hand held shower. I do wish you could have the body sprays and rainshower on at the same time. Bath amenities were standard Le Meridien branded.

There was also the espresso maker. For some reason it was hidden in the closet on a tray with no outlet to plug into. I had to pull it out and put on a table. No bid deal but they do need to find a place to put it.

I did have breakfast at the restaurant. Fairly standard fare. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Even offered to put an espresso shot in my coffee to make it a bit stronger.

The hotel was only open 11 days when I checked in. If the staff stay on top of their game like this, the Le Meridien would definitely be my choice in Indy. I think the service was better than I've received at many St Regis properties.

I have a couple of snapshots I'll also post later.