FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:16 am
Hilton Honors Ambassador
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by TinDrum
Erin,

Thank you for posting the above list - much appreciated.

However, my understanding of any Best Rate Guarantee program is that the hotel makes good when another site offers a lower rate for the same room, that can be booked by the general public.

How does it (or should it) matter that the competing site is "authorized" or not to offer the lower rate? So long as a lower rate can be booked elsewhere for the same room, the guarantee should be honored - don't you think so? Otherwise, this guarantee claim is a total farce.

Hilton guests have no means of knowing, in real time, which sites are authorized and which not. So in my opinion, imposing such roadblocks is just another way of evading a genuine claim.

Other comparable chains (e.g SPG, IHG etc) do not fall back on such an "authorized site" excuse to deny claims.

So why can Hilton not be more honest? Of course, there are many guests who do not care about this because someone else (e.g. their employers) are picking up the tab. But I for one, when faced with this kind of deception, have always managed to find some other hotel which does not engage in this chicanery. Ergo, entirely Hilton's loss.

TD
Originally Posted by TinDrum
Appreciate your continuing to look into this - it would be great if you could help turn the needle a little towards 'Fair'

But as the incident narrated by skywalkerLAX above (see post #1270) shows, it appears that the basic modus operandi of Hilton's BRG is to scam clients with dubious excuses. Erin, how would you feel, if YOU had to make a BRG claim at another hotel and this is the kind of response you always received?
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experiences when running into issues during the BRG filing process. We value your feedback which has helped us to implement our BRG policy more consistently.

Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please send me a PM if you have any further questions on this!

Thanks,
Erin