FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward flight - Bad experience
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:08 pm
christoates

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, Le Club Accor Gold
Reward flight - Bad experience

I flew auh to bkk on a reward ticket in business class after flying from lhr in economy. As always economy proved value for money and with silver status the lounge access was much appreciated.

It is not my first business class flight with etihad and was looking forward to my second leg. It maybe that Etihad staff were having a bad day as there were 4 staff in the business cabin yet I had to wait for 45 minutes before I got a drink after take off. They didnt even have bottled water at my seat. It was hard to get service the whole flight and it seemed like I was being ignored for the most part so I had to keep pressing my flight attendant button. I wouldnt mind but there were basic things like when my main course was chucked down I didnt get a refill of wine, they should have seen my glass empty, but just quickly ran off before I could open my mouth. So I had to push the button for that and then again for some mustard. If the server had just said 'can I get you anything else'? It would have been much easier.

We were also a good 45 minutes delayed from take off not that they communicated to anyone about the delay. I had one more connection from bkk to cxm which I just made. Unfortunately my bags didnt make it and I had to go back the next day for them. When I told Etihad they said they would look into it. That was over 2 weeks ago and still no reply. Thankfully Bangkok airways can be trusted to do their job properly.

I was asked to give feedback on my experience so I did. Obviously they weren't interested in what I had to say. Wheres the customer service?

What Etihad advertise and what they deliver are miles apart be warned!