FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mobile Meal Pre-order Coming to AS in coach!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:21 pm
alphaeagle

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
As others have said AS really should offer this in F. But then again outside transcons and possibly ANC flights, which AS F routes even offer a choice of meals? AS doesn't offer SPMLs of any kind. Pretty pathetic reading reports on here where the Y BOB/Northern Bites options are superior to F.
At a minimum I think they should say what's on the F menu, even if you can't choose.

Originally Posted by ANC
the one time I did this on AA, they mustve ignored our pre selections and went ahead and asked us as if we never even pre selected....7 days before
My experience with AA has been all over the place, but always have gotten what I ordered. First time as they were passing through the cabin taking orders they just mentioned to me that I pre-ordered and moved onto the next person, which was nice. Second time they didn't say anything to me when taking orders, which I guess is alright but had me thinking they forgot about me. Third time they asked what I wanted, and I stated I pre-ordered and they said something like "oh, ok" and moved on. The rest have been similar to one of those. I have seen some issues with other passengers onboard, such as not having the pre-order info. Might just be their online system, I've noticed sometimes the order doesn't stick. Needed to wait a few hours or the next day for it to function properly.

AA isn't perfect, but at least I was able to see the menu beforehand and decide if I wanted to eat on the plane or not. I normally like whatever AS is serving in F, and coach food is a nice backup, but having the info before getting on would be really nice.