FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:22 pm
flyerUSA

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CalItalian
I disagree with you about the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, though. Frequent double, triple point promos, add on features bonus points - such as for SiriusXM or LDW, 250 point birthday bonus (which for me got doubled this year stacking with a double point promo), the 25% bonus for President's Circle members, nets you points pretty fast. For 20 rentals this year, some of which were reward rentals with insurance or Sirius/XM add-ons and count towards the 20, I'm sitting on enough points for 4 free weekly full size car rentals. Currently paying $145 per week - for 3 weeks - for a Minivan (MVAR)...which I couldn't find at any other agency in Los Angeles. If you know how to work Hertz with various CDP's and PC's (promotional coupons), you can get some very good deals at Hertz. Just wish the vehicles were like they use to be a few years back.
Well, I personally don't have the liberty to book whatever CDPs are offering bonuses, I am bound to use my corporate travel agent and the same CDP all of the time.

Although FWIW, renting from SFO, I usually get a decent car that is mostly new.

So it seems their service and cars and everything about Hertz is very hit and miss. Just not impressed, at all. (I could go on about all of the ...-brained things they do at the SFO location, but surely there is another thread for that.)