FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:51 pm
flyerUSA

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Thumbs down meh

It's better to HAVE the "Presidents Circle" status than NOT to have it, sure, but...FYI....Hertz is garbage. Specifically, their rewards program.

Presidents Circle peeps get this benefit, whooppeeeedooo:

"675 points after every 15 qualifying Hertz rentals"

That means, for 15 rentals (likely 30 or more actual days)....you get ONE free day. This is not even a drop in the bucket.

Compare this loyalty program to Avis First, where they give you "Two-day Weekend Rental Rewards with every fourth qualifying rental of two or more days."

So if you have 16 rentals....Avis gives you 8 free days, and Hertz gives you 1.

I say all of this as a person who rents very frequently and today I actually achieved Presidents Circle by the normal way - renting a lot of cars.

Also keep in mind that Hertz's website is impossible to use, really janky, and much of the time, you are not able to use your points on a rental anyway, or at best, never for more than ONE free day of the entire rental. Good luck trying to redeem 2 days at once, meaning, the cash add-on for the other days will almost always be a factor in your redemptions. In my experience, one free Hertz day + one Hertz paid day can actually be more expensive than 2 paid Avis days.

So, it's amusing that today's news came just as I had already decided to focus 100% on Avis next year so that I can earn Avis First in due time. Still, of course I registered. At least, in 2016, I will still be Presidents Circle, even though I plan to rent from Hertz almost never again.