FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:17 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I understand the benefit of having the PPMC, it has a lot more benefits than the Club Card. But instead of having both, wouldn't it make more sense to have a Sapphire Preferred (or Ink) and just dump the points where needed? Or a card that has a 2% cashback? (This can surely be debated ad nauseum, but I'm still having trouble working out the math behind it to make it advantageous.)
I get where you're coming from: Why get 1.5 miles/dollar when you can get 2? And I agree with you. Indeed, I have a CSP that I use along with my Presidential Plus card, but only for categories that give me 2 miles/dollar. Same thing with my Freedom card: category spend. I guess it's conceivable that someone with a really high non-category spend—and who doesn't need FPQMs—might find putting that high spend on the Club card is worth its annual fee in addition to the PP card's annual fee. But I admit that happenstance is pretty tortured.