FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:11 pm
Hilton Honors Ambassador
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Originally Posted by banffflyr
Hey all. I submitted a BRG claim yesterday based on a rate I found on aa.com who often has discounts on Hilton properties. I always save screenshots of my alternate booking sites to ensure I don't get burned on the BRG claim.

Any-hoo, this morning I received a denial from the BRG desk, stating that they could not find the rate in question. Sure enough, the aa.com site had amended their rates for this hotel, removing the rate for the room type I had booked.

My question, is this an example of Hilton using the BRG submissions to eliminate good deals on other sites? For my own case, I've submitted my screenshots and am hopeful the rate will be honored, however I'm hoping the HH Representative can shed some light on the practice of removing rates from competing sites like aa.com, and especially if their removal is intended to deep-six a legitimate BRG claim such as mine.
Hi banffflyr,

I can assure you that Hilton does not remove rates from competing sites, as this compromises the integrity of the program.

Third-party websites pull their data from our Global Distribution System, and sometimes those sites pull inventory from a wholesale partner and then improperly sell unbundled wholesale rates.

We ask sites to remove these rates as soon as we become aware of them, which is why we allow for members to submit screenshots with a date and time stamp to verify their BRG claims in case the rates are taken down before the claim is considered.

Thanks,
Erin

edited by moderator

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 24, 2017 at 3:48 am