FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1h 10min: Legal connection at CDG?
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:02 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by StarFeat
I booked an award tix with Delta miles on an all AF metal YVR-CDG-FCO for May. The layover is 1h 10 min. Arrive 8:35 AM and leave again at 9:45 AM. At first I thought I possibly couldn't be booked on a connection below the MCT. But then I read the sticky on this forum which states MCT of 90 minutes for transfers within T2. So am I really below the MCT that AF can refuse to put me on the next flight to FCO should my inbound from YVR run late causing me to miss my initial connection?

I need to clear immigration & customs at CDG since I'm connecting to a Schengen, right?

I also heard about long walks for connections between 2E and 2F. How accurate is that?
AFAIK, MCT on such an itinerary is 60 minutes so your connection is legal. You need to reclear security and indeed go through immigration, but not customs, which you will do in Rome. AF will protect your itinerary on a single PNR and put you on the next flight if you miss yours without issue, plenty on that route. And no, walking is not out of the ordinary on a 2e-2f connection.