1h 10min: Legal connection at CDG?

Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

1h 10min: Legal connection at CDG?

I booked an award tix with Delta miles on an all AF metal YVR-CDG-FCO for May. The layover is 1h 10 min. Arrive 8:35 AM and leave again at 9:45 AM. At first I thought I possibly couldn't be booked on a connection below the MCT. But then I read the sticky on this forum which states MCT of 90 minutes for transfers within T2. So am I really below the MCT that AF can refuse to put me on the next flight to FCO should my inbound from YVR run late causing me to miss my initial connection?

I need to clear immigration & customs at CDG since I'm connecting to a Schengen, right?

I also heard about long walks for connections between 2E and 2F. How accurate is that?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by StarFeat
I booked an award tix with Delta miles on an all AF metal YVR-CDG-FCO for May. The layover is 1h 10 min. Arrive 8:35 AM and leave again at 9:45 AM. At first I thought I possibly couldn't be booked on a connection below the MCT. But then I read the sticky on this forum which states MCT of 90 minutes for transfers within T2. So am I really below the MCT that AF can refuse to put me on the next flight to FCO should my inbound from YVR run late causing me to miss my initial connection?

I need to clear immigration & customs at CDG since I'm connecting to a Schengen, right?

I also heard about long walks for connections between 2E and 2F. How accurate is that?
AFAIK, MCT on such an itinerary is 60 minutes so your connection is legal. You need to reclear security and indeed go through immigration, but not customs, which you will do in Rome. AF will protect your itinerary on a single PNR and put you on the next flight if you miss yours without issue, plenty on that route. And no, walking is not out of the ordinary on a 2e-2f connection.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
[DUPLICATE]
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming! I was more concerned on the legality of the MCT rather than the availability of later connections to FCO and that I may not be protected on the next one should I be below it. Now I can breathe some sigh of relief. Did a dummy booking on the AF website and my connection was displayed as one of the option.

Perhaps someone can update the sticky?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
They just could not issue the ticket if the MCT was not valid.
The sticky is up-to-date, just this info provided by KVS is confusing. International to Schengen is 60 minutes, Schengen to Schengen is 20 minutes. The general info is valid for AF
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

20 min within Schengen........wow!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Appreciate the reassurance from orbitmic, I have a connection of 1hr20 next week (DTW-CDG-MAD) and I'm glad to know it's doable.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Appreciate the reassurance from orbitmic, I have a connection of 1hr20 next week (DTW-CDG-MAD) and I'm glad to know it's doable.
Definitely doable but still don't go too slow the main issue is that in that direction you go through both security rescreen and connection immigration as you enter Schengen. As many flights from North America arrive at the same time it can be crowded. If you have status or are travelling business class, you can use "acces no1" which is quite a lot faster for both operations.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Definitely doable but still don't go too slow the main issue is that in that direction you go through both security rescreen and connection immigration as you enter Schengen. As many flights from North America arrive at the same time it can be crowded. If you have status or are travelling business class, you can use "acces no1" which is quite a lot faster for both operations.
I'm Skyteam Elite so hopefully that will get me into the acces no1 line. I'm planning to not check my bag and I'm pretty good at walking fast.

If I misconnect, I see there are quite a few CDG-MAD flights after mine and I don't have anything pressing to do on the day I arrive so having to wait for the next flight wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:02 am

I'm Skyteam Elite so hopefully that will get me into the acces no1 line. I'm planning to not check my bag and I'm pretty good at walking fast.

If I misconnect, I see there are quite a few CDG-MAD flights after mine and I don't have anything pressing to do on the day I arrive so having to wait for the next flight wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Unfortunately not, Acces no1 is only for Elite Plus, not elite.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:41 pm

I see my Delta Silver Medaillion status is worth even less than I thought!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I see my Delta Silver Medaillion status is worth even less than I thought!
Give it a try nevertheless
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
I believe acces no1 does accept FB Silver however, which is not Elite + either.
Don't think they'd reject a Delta Silver member, even though formally it"s not SkyPriority.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.