FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Help! I have a connection in Japan!" Master Thread
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:55 am
Mabuk dan gila

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I've got a 5 hour CX to JL connection coming up. All on one ticket and I assume all in T2. However, I can get in the KE lounge in T1, but I have no kind of lounge access whatsoever in T2. 5 hours is kind of a long time to be sitting around and leaves me with allot of time to waste on nonproductive endeavors. I am very familiar with both terminals at NRT but it's been a good 5 years or more since I actually did an inter-terminal transfer. I seem to recall that a simple printout of a itinerary showing a departure from the other terminal is good enough to make the bus driver happy, and an actual boarding pass for a departure from the other terminal is not mandatory just to get on the bus since said boarding pass might need to be obtained from another airlines transfer desk at the other terminal therefore it is 'plausible' I might need to transfer terminals without a boarding pass in my possession indicating that. So would having simply a printed itinerary showing, say, a UA flight, and no boarding pass to back it up, get me on the bus to T1? Getting back to T2 would obviously be no problem since I will have a JL boarding pass.