FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Toronto Courtyard Downtown [Master Thread]
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:02 pm
wendyhamburger

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Acceptable

I stayed there December 5-7 and my buddy and I were upgraded to a suite (biggest room, 1K and sofabed parlor separated by a bathroom) upon checkin. The suite had a minifridge, microwave, and coffeemaker in the parlor.

The first night was a bit difficult as we had revelers in the next room that started at midnight and didn't finish until 4 a.m. - when I finally called the FD to shut them down. Unfortunately my friend sleeping in the parlor received the brunt of the noise.

The next day they started about 2 p.m. and I called the FD for a room move. That night we both had peaceful sleep and the neighbors were quiet.

When we discussed the move with the FD, they said they were going to comp us our parking (CA$35/day). We had taken the 192 Rocket into town and walked down Yonge to the property, so i kind of laughed. they turned it into a points credit and I will await the arrival...

Lovely "community" property, maybe not so much for family excursions... overall I enjoyed it except for the noise.

Last edited by wendyhamburger; Dec 14, 2014 at 7:41 pm Reason: clarification