FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport question-South Caribbean Cruise
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:32 pm
dustman81

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by slicksun
Hi,

Very specific question.

I already booked a cruise I guess I shouldve waited until this was all sorted out.

Here are the circumstances.

1. My fiancee is a U.S. Perm Resident i.e. Green card holder with a Philippines expired passport expired late 2012. She applied yesterday for a new one but they said up to 3 months and have no expedited services.

2. Traveling from Chicago to San Juan on feb 7.
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...ilDate=1150207

3. We didnt have any problems from a cruise in Miami to Bahamas before with an expired passport.

4. Does she need a passport?

I hear both yes and no when searching through google. I was just thinking she could bring all of her docs including the expired passport, green card, renewal of passport receipts, birth cert, driver's license etc and we would be good. Is my logic flawed?

TIA
According to the Bahamas Consulate General in Atlanta, she, as a US green card holder, does not need a visa, but her passport must be valid during and for 6 months after her visit. So it's a no go traveling on an expired passport.

http://bahconga.com/consular-services/faq-2/

If I am a permanent resident of the US (a green card Holder), what documents do I need to travel to The Bahamas?
Green card holders do not require visas to visit The Bahamas. They should have a valid green card, a passport that is valid for six months from the date of departure from The Bahamas; sufficient funds to finance their trip; onward or return tickets to leave The Bahamas and proof of accommodation.

Can a non-Bahamian travel to The Bahamas on an expired Passport?
No; passports must have a minimum of six months validity from the date of departure from The Bahamas. In addition, airlines would not let passengers board with expired travel documents.