FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD - DFW schedule confusion for me - please explain
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Squirrel.Monkey
Since late September 2014, Qantas have been flying the A380 on the SYD-DFW route, this is likely to make a difference to time as well. Regardless of aircraft I would leave plenty of time, I did this flight in late October and we didn't land until 3:30pm, most people missed their connecting flights. fortunately I was flying AA and they were great getting me onto a flight to Nashville that evening.
AA seems to have a "well oiled machine" for handling delays and missed connections at DFW. I recently ran from literally one end of DFW Terminal D (D6) to Terminal A (A37) in 15 minutes to make a connection (not sure if the train would have been quicker). Bags missed the connection but were put on the next flight - and then delivered to my hotel. AA were on top of everything and offered their "sky kit" or whatever it was called with basic toiletries (ie as per F or J amenity kits). Conclusion: don't believe the DFW MCT, allow 2:30 minimum for a lower stress connection.

And, welcome to FT Squirrel.Monkey.