FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Badges
Thread: Badges
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:23 pm
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I decided to email them instead. This was the response I received:

Hello [diburning],

We're so excited to hear you're participating in our Badges program!

All Badges, including e-Rewards, are triggered by qualifying activity (points) in your account.

JetBlue doesn't specifically track the number of surveys you complete. They are tracked by e-Rewards
through your account. Once you redeem your e-Rewards dollars for TrueBlue points and the points are
posted in your TrueBlue account, these points are what triggers the badges. The badge is earned with
the redemptions and not the amount of specific surveys you've completed in your e-Rewards account.

We know it can be confusing and we apologize.

To find out more about e-Rewards, click here: https://www.e-rewards.com/frequentlyaskedquestions.do

Thank you for choosing JetBlue. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Kind Regards,

[REDACTED]
TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember [REDACTED]
So, it looks like it tracks the number of transfers and not the number of surveys as the badge indicates. The Opinion Miles Club (another partner) surveys transfer the points earned after every survey, so that's easy to rack up. But unfortunately, they don't offer partial credit for disqualification like e-Rewards does.

I've been doing decently well on e-Rewards, but it looks like they only allow one transfer a month, so it will be a while until I earn any of the other badges.

I do have to admit though, that the badges have given me motivation/incentive to visit new destinations. If I have TravelBank credit or vouchers to burn before they expire, the Badges program makes me want to try visiting somewhere new just to get a shiny new badge. This also applies when they have their fare sales and I have vacation time to use up.