FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:28 pm
Gustraveler

Programs: AA, UR, WN, BA, CC, SPG
Originally Posted by JoJo12
Thanks Gustraveler. I just signed into my WF account and the notice was there, but it says NO rewards for cash equivalents such as "store gift cards". I will try one VGC at the grocery store after Jan 15 and see what happens when the next statement posts. From other threads it does look like they can see what you are buying, as if the amount doesn't speak for itself!

Is this a big enough deal that we should make ask the mod to change the title of this thread or create a new thread?
I think I've heard of similar language used by other CCs, but I would be shocked if WF could actually see that is what you were buying. Personally, I have not read of anyone getting rejected for points from something like that, but maybe it has happened. Unless you told them that's what you were buying, I don't think it will be an issue, but we'll find out I guess. And WF is somewhat incompetent anyways. I've dealt with them for the last 6 months. And my wife will be dealing with them for the next 6, sort of.