FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close the recently created Premium Deals Forum
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:53 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You're missing the point - which is that the discussion which happened prior to the motion even being created/vote started was made known to the mods of the forum - yet they did not post in the discussion thread in the public TB forum themselves at all or give a heads up to those in the MR forum so they could post in the public TB forum. Quite frankly that falls on them too, not just on TB.

I'm willing for TB to take some of the blame & we're discussing the formal heads up re: discussion in general (before motion or while a motion is being tweaked), and then a delay between sitewide announcement & voting commencing in the private forum to help improve things moving forward & improve FT/TB, but no I don't think the total fail is only on TB.

It should be noted that TB itself created the sitewide announcement policy (which in years past did not exist) so that FTers could weigh in. In this case (1 of 49 in the time I've served on TB) it didn't work out/was an outlier.

I'd also like to point out that while you're stopping by right now because you're unhappy about this decision, it's not like that even when we do post the sitewide announcement that we get a lot of input while the 2 week voting is going on. Sometimes, even when the voting is open the entire two weeks we don't get much input. In my time we've had 49 motions, yet you (for example) have only posted in 5 of the discussions even though sitewide announcements happened for 49.

Since the forum does exist, here's your chance to provide input which the mods are asking for:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-subforum.html

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 23, 2014 at 5:59 pm