FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 767-300 domestic "Business class" (should I be concerned)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:56 am
trekker954

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
I got a domestic business saver for these seats. i.e. 25K each. Actually from SYD-DFW I have one business saver (45K)and one economy saver (37.5). If I tried to use one award all the way from SYD - MIA, the second leg (DFW-MIA) they offered me crappy connections and actually both would be in economy. So I had to split the awards. Even though my flight 60 at the time was showing available in business, the AA agent, said she didn't see it and was offering me connection thru PHL or CLT, crap like that.

Regardless, you all answered me and I will not worry about it.

I am really hoping that one more business seat will open for my daughter. Since I had to split the locators since I'm in business and shes in economy coming back, she wasn't able to get the premium economy based on my status and is down below my upper deck. I don't know how couples get award seats together so easily (according to what I read). I tried this the 330 days out, for LAX-SYD and just lucky to get two seats together on Qantas upper deck in economy on our way out.

I also decided to stop off in LA on the way out overnight, so had to use more miles for Bix saver awards.

I've been hoarding my miles for this dream trip. But without a doubt if the Gods were looking over me a bit more, I should have been able to save myself 100K miles. Plus, not complaining here, but I will be getting my XPLAT status back next month and could possibly have gotten some domestic complimentary upgrades if I bought some cheap tix.

Thanks!!