FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 19 December 2014
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:40 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Hi. After having a chat with chris1979 yesterday we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. I am just thinking that a venue, date, and time are set and folks come along if they want - so fairly low key.

As for dates, there tips the Aberdeen Do on the weekend of 5-7 December which rules that out. From a purely selfish pov a Friday or Saturday night would be best for me and I would imagine anyone else coming in from the regions. So I am thinking any of:

Friday 12 December
Saturday 13 December
Friday 19 December
Saturday 20 December

I will see if I can ask one of the mods to set up a poll.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. I don't have any clue on venues so may need some local help for that.
Thank you for posting the thread - you are, as often, a tad more efficient than me with these things my friend! (Though that black notebook that I brought was genuinely in case I needed to take notes at our green tea gathering).

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Can't make the 12/13 weekend but could do (at the moment) the 19th with a small chance (subject to SWMBO) the 20th.

LondonAndy has organised informal DO's at a pub near Victoria Station (or St. James's Park) tube stations. can' t recall the name but I have been to two that were good fun. I think the venue is probably more suited to a Friday night for drinks, if people wanted to eat as well, then you would have to go on to somewhere else.

Hope you get enough people to make it happen and hope the date works for me too.
I remember the bar and one of the DOs. My first DO and first time meeting other FTers in flesh and realising they are as human as me. It was nerve wrecking but worth it!