FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Hotel, Asheville, NC [Master Thread]
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:19 am
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yeah, but a couple random thoughts on that....

It's Asheville, where the people kind of have a random vibe anyway. And I did notice that there seem to be many people from the courthouse who park in the Ren lot, so I'm wondering if they make money from that. Keeping people out of the lot would make sense if they make money from other people parking there.

While I did park towards the back of the back lot, with as cold as it is, I was tempted to park closer to the doors.
Yeah I think I found out yesterday why they allow people to park everywhere, as yesterday morning (either due to a conference at the Ren or maybe what you said about other people parking there) every single spot in the front and back was taken so I had to be one of "those people" parking along the curb.

I did get the breakfast yesterday, I think I did see a line before 9 but I didn't go over til a little after 9. Not sure why as I didn't really ask and I also heard him explaining the extra $4 for the hot food to another table, but they let me get a "free" omelette (at the end of his spiel without saying anything about an upcharge the waiter said "the chef can help you at the omelette station" so I asked if that was included and he said sure...)

But as was said earlier in the thread it's the location that's going to keep this place consistently packed. Free parking right downtown is great, plus it's easy to get to off the highway and also convenient to the Biltmore area.