FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Hotel, Asheville, NC [Master Thread]
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:26 pm
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Did you say anything? I was told there were many other Plat Prems in the hotel that week and they were all thanking the restaurant manager for his brilliance. Plus, I was told, there were Marriott Execs from Maryland in the hotel who loved the idea.

If Marriott is moving to this standard, I'm moving to another chain. The quick, easy breakfast option is the single most important perk to me. Waiting in line for factory muffins doesn't cut it.
Not then, oddly enough I'm back here tonight. At check-in I asked if it was supposed to be open at all in the morning if I wanted to grab a water and the FDC wasn't sure.

I actually ended up picking up some Wendy's on the way in and ate it in the CL. The guy working said they just started doing the breakfast in the restaurant on Monday (forgot to ask him about being able to get in at all when it wasn't open for food). He said something about there being complaints about the food and service in the CL (do you really need service in the CL??) being the reason, and that apparently at one point they did take away the hot food from the CL as well when they still had breakfast in there.