FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:19 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrgiddyup
Just received a reply from the "Sales Associate" from the Hyatt City of Dreams Manila, after sending a very pleasant email. Her direct quote is that "since technically the Aqua Suite is not a suite, Hyatt International will send out an announcement soon that our hotel is excluded in the Gold Passport Suite award program."

THAT IS RIDICULOUS. This is not "hussing and puffing" or "complaining" as other posters have stated. This is blatant deception on the part of this hotel. A SUITE IS NOT A SUITE??!! This is misrepresentation at its highest.

I can't believe that a hotel wants to start out on such a deceitful note even BEFORE it opens.

No mention of the rule about suite upgrades before a hotel opens. The only thing cited was that "the room we call a 'suite' (in addition to regular King/Twin standard rooms, Deluxe rooms, and Club rooms--which is pretty close to the regular names that Hyatt calls its rooms around the world) is not a suite."

I have requested the contact email of a supervisor, so we will see if the Sales Associate I spoke with obliges me with that information or not.

At least with other hotels that are excluded from the Hyatt Suite Upgrade program, they usually don't blatantly call SOME of their rooms suites (alongside regular rooms) but then say that they are NOT suites.

This is a perfect example of what I stated before: that Hyatt continues to slip and create road blocks for its elite members while other programs like SPG are making improvements and creating a better experience for their elites.

Any input from Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge that posts in this forum?
Firstly, you're in the wrong thread. Secondly, the website doesn't even list suites yet http://cityofdreamsmanila.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms.html . Thirdly, often hotels open their suites last.

Regardless, you're going to give yourself a heart attack.