FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Change-PQD increased to $3k / $6k / $9k / $12k
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:36 am
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by JBord
Doesn't affect me either as I'm over $12k this year and may not even make Platinum.

But I don't agree with the logic that things will be better for 1K's as a result. I think the majority of 1K's are like me, where the PQD threshold is not really an issue. Its just that this forum is built on a history of fliers who collaborated to get as much out of frequent flying for as little spend as possible...all fair and above board, there's nothing wrong with doing that. But it makes for a disproportionate sample.

What I believe you should be concerned about is we're starting to see frequent changes that don't benefit customers. So you might be fine with it now, but at some point soon it's going to impact you, and me. As others have noted, there is a lot of taking without much giving back to customers.

I feel the same way about RDM earning. I actually do better under the new scheme (even a little better if I only make Platinum), but that's just for now...
Is there a place on your "My Account" page on .bomb where you can see your total PQD? Mine just says "Over $10,000".