FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:38 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Hua Hin

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very happy!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked one night King Premier plus 6 nights award, received King Deluxe Suite all 7 nights plus Club access and minibar. Very generous.

How are the rooms?
Fantastic, the balcony is more appropriately described as a veranda and has a large, round Jacuzzi tub. Not really a suite, as it is one large (80sq.m.) room, but spacious with a table and chairs on one side, the king bed in the middle of the room and a couch with two chairs on the other side. Bathroom is well laid out, with (another) large tub (faucets and handheld shower head in the middle of the tub,) and large shower room adjoining it. OK, the toilet paper holder is in a awkward place, but can live with it. Could use a few more clothes hangers in the spacious closets, since I'll be here a week and can unpack. They are coming from housekeeping later.

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice, not large, but there is additional seating outside (smoking area.) Choice of breakfast: Club (ehh, not so much,) Felicita restaurant (excellent-great hot red curry chicken,) or room service. First time I've had that offered. The evening food and beverage service is a little light on the food offerings (especially after staying at the IC BKK the past three nights,) though I don't think that it is anything to complain about. There was bacon wrapped shrimp, satay chicken, and spicy pork with rice noodles, small servings but replenished frequently. Plus fruits, salad, desserts, etc. I've read some reports, complaining about the food offerings, so either they took that to heart and improved, or... well this is FT.

What was your welcome gift?
A fruit PLATTER that could last a week, sweets, and cookies.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, a platter full.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Infrastructure (pool,grounds, fitness center)
Club lounge
RA recognition and as RA, the shuttle to IC BKK doesn't need the minimum 4 passengers in order to operate
Suite plus Club plus minibar
View, though there are adjacent high rise condo buildings on either side of the property, which impair a small part of it
Design and furnishings
Not too much nearby

Bad
Well, it is right on the busy road, so some traffic noise if your (two) large sets of sliding glass doors are open. Might bother some light sleepers.
And, not too much nearby.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent, since I'm paying THB7245 all in for the first night, plus 150k points (25k per nt.) for the other 6 nights.

Would you return?
Yes

Last edited by rbAA; Nov 14, 2014 at 8:14 pm